Monday 26 March 2012

where to begin?

This is my first blog. Ever.
I thought it would be a fun way to record and share stories and images from our upcoming trip to Europe.

Because Dave is a pétanque tragic I wanted to call it "have boules will travel," but he thought that was corny. We settled on Away With Words, deflecting attention from his passion to mine.

I love reading. Even bought an e-reader to take with me so that I wouldn't run out of reading material on planes, trains or buses, while waiting in airports or sitting on a sunny terrace with a glass of vino tinto.
As you can see from the previous sentence, after only three Spanish lessons "for fun and travel" I already have an amazing command of the language which will be invaluable in Madrid and Andalucia. "Busco une bar" will be very handy indeed.
Dave has some schoolboy French for our six weeks in Languedoc which he will need for playing pétanque with the locals. His favourite French word [after pétanque] is "fromage".

We both have a way with words!

No comments:

Post a Comment